Location: Nashville, TN
Type of Employment: FULL TIME
JOB TITLE: Territory Manager – Compact Construction Equipment
DEPARTMENT: Branch Sales
REPORTS TO: Regional Vice President
PURPOSE: To market Deere and auxiliary products in their assigned territory. To establish and maintain professional relationships with existing and prospective customers within the assigned territory while achieving sales performance objectives.
Able to climb on, operate, and inspect heavy earthmoving equipment.
Able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English.
Able to travel for several days concurrently.
Able to lift a minimum of 70 pounds.
Hold a valid driver's license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Create, develop and close new/used sales and rentals of Compact Construction Equipment machines within assigned territory and achieve sales volume, profit and market share objectives.
Cover assigned territory by achieving established call standards. Improve Meade Equipment's market coverage by prospecting for and developing new customers and participating in local business and community organizations. Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships through professional and ethical business conduct.
3. Develop and maintain knowledge on CCE products, applications, industry, selling skills, and product support to enhance and achieve required sales performance. Communicate technical information, product problems, competitive information, product support requirements, credit information, customer concerns, etc. to the proper departments and or the customer to assure appropriate action is implemented.
Constantly conduct one's self in a professional business manner including, but not limited to: communication, interpersonal relationships, actions, appearance and dress. Cooperate with all company departments to ensure overall company objectives and customer requirements are met.
Work closely with and cooperate with other Sales Representatives and Company personnel to accomplish enterprises goals and promote Meade’s position in the marketplace
5. Accurately submit all required deal documentation including, but not limited to, quotations, breakdowns, security and lease agreements, machine activity reports, and warranty forms. Submit all required reports accurately and on time, including machinery outlook reports, call/expense reports, machine activity reports, sales forecast, etc.
6. Inspect trade-in equipment, help establish fair values, and profitably market trade-ins within the TM's territory.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. College degree in business, marketing, engineering, or equivalent.
2. A minimum of 5 years selling or other experience in the construction industry.
3. Marketing/selling experience or skills.
4. High degree of mechanical/technical aptitude.
Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Proficient computer skills.